Nickel 200 (UNS N02200)
Ni 99.0 C 0.15 Cu 0.25 Fe 0.40 Mn 0.35 Si 0.35 S 0.01
Commercially pure wrought Nickel with good mechanical properties over a wide range of temperature and excellent resistance to many corrosives, in particular hydroxides.
Good resistance to corrosion in acids and alkalis and is most useful under reducing conditions. Outstanding resistance to caustic alkalis up to and including the molten state. In acid, alkaline and neutral salt solutions the material shows good resistance, but in oxidizing salt solutions severe attack will occur. Resistant to all dry gases at room temperature and in dry chlorine and hydrogen chloride may be used in temperatures up to 550C. Resistance to mineral acids varies according to temperature and concentration and whether the solution is aerated or not. Corrosion resistance is better in de-aerated acid.
- Manufacture and handling of sodium hydroxide, particularly at temperature above 300C.
- Production of viscose rayon. Manufacture of soap.
- Analine hydrochloride production and in the chlorination of aliphatic hydrocarbons such as benzene, methane and ethane.
- Manufacture of vinyl chloride monomer.
- Reactors and vessels in which fluorine is generated and reacted with hydrocarbons.
Mechanical Property Requirements
Yield Strength (0.2% OS)
ASTM B160 Din 17752 BS 3076
ASTM B162 Din 17750 BS 3072
ASTM B162 Din 17750 BS 3072TubeASTM B622 ASTM B161 ASTM B163 Din 17740 BS 3074PipeASTM B622 ASTM B161 Din 17740 BS 3074
ERNi-CIWeld ElectrodeENi-1NA 11All formsDin2.4066 All forms